When I am Feeling Hopeful by ALison Haythornthwaite (Theme: When I am Hopeful)




Alive & awakened, crispy linen shirt 
Surrounded with salt air particles
Journeyed to Mount Everest, K2 & Kangchenjunga
Jumping off with a gently bump to earth
Swimming force 10, rode the waves, still alive
I am Alive!
Discomfort morphing to a mill pool
Breathe, breathe, breathe … normal again.

Hopeful is glorious when hope is lost
Sunlight emitting like a volcano from every cell in my body
Discoveries, beginnings, again, again, again, again, again
Bang: thunderclap of freedom

Awakening glimpse when the spear is not driven in my eye
Laughter rides above mountains; universal
I am laughter, belly, chuckle, contagious, spontaneous
Pushing laughter out, till I am

Soul searching for hope, questing, never giving up
Balancing the thread rope, loose not to snap
Boom, another trial, test, hoping … it is gone
Boom, another trial, test, hoping … it is fucking gone
Boom, another trial, test, hoping … not a-fucking-gain
Boom … this time a difference, though micro … the lightbulb has sparked

Spear in eye is dragged back forth
Pain is removed to disempower vocabulary
Hope is on horizon

Disability, illness is not the end
Strength, courage, fighting, my spirit is here now, right now!
Hopeful is outside freezing, standing, discomfort free, pipe in hand
Sea particles surround me

Comments

  1. Such a powerful and dynamic poem x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a journey within this poem...and yes dynamic is the word!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Liked what you read? Let the poet know ...

Popular Posts